Feeling tired? Unmotivated? Sad?
Changeways Group for Depression- Cowichan Campus
The counselling team in Cowichan is excited to continue to offer Changeways for students. The Changeways program was developed by leading clinical research at UBC and is a widely used program in Canada for helping people suffering with anxiety & depression.
This 8 session psychoeducational Cognitive Behavioural therapy group teaches students the tools and insights to help reduce the symptoms of depression and anxiety. Register before December 14th (may allow late registrations).
- Changeways uses a cognitive behavioural approach for addressing how our feelings, thoughts, and actions are linked. The model will help you learn how changes in your thoughts and actions can improve feelings of control and self-worth.
- Location: to be determined
- Cost: Free
- Requirements: Ability to attend weekly and completion of modest amount of homework (20 - 30 minutes a day) is required to help you integrate these changes into your life.
- To Join: Speak to Dave or Albert
Tuesdays, 1:30-3:30 pm
Jan 22 – Mar 12, 2019
room: to be announced
- Sign up at Student Affairs (in person or 746-3509)
- or, contact Albert directly at Albert.Seinen@viu.ca 250-746-3547 for a confidential intake
- or, contact Dave directly at Dave.Barck@viu.ca 250 746- 3511 for a confidential intake