The following list gives you an idea about some of the categories.
Multiple simultaneous conditious which may or may not be related. For example, a student may have permanent arthritis and also be legally blind.
Pertain to impairment in the process of being aware, knowing, thinking, learning and judging. A person with a cognitive disability will have significant sub average general intellectual functioning.
- Mild Intellectual Disability
- Moderate to Severe Intellectual Disability
Students with cognitive disabilities may qualify for VIU's Workplace Essential Skills and Training Program (WEST)
This program offers adults with a disability opportunities to learn new skills in the areas of:
- employment preparation; and/or
- personal management skills necessary for workplace and independent living; and/or
- job-specific vocational skills.