Connect for Success
We Support Your Personal Development, Well-being and Academic Success
We believe that all students are capable of developing the capacity to be successful learners. Students who are interested in taking action towards enhancing their resilience and well-being and achieving their academic goals are encouraged meet with our Success Coach.
Collaborate to gain support for personal & professional development and improving self-regulation of learning, well-being and success. Develop graduate attributes and apply the learning from your success coaching to your life and have this valuable learning authenticated on your co-curricular record.
There are several ways to meet: in-person, by phone or web-video conference (Zoom).
- The Success Coach is located in Building 250 room 224
- See the campus map.
- Appointments are available Monday to Friday
- Self-book your appointment (the Success Coaching landing page will take you to a page to log into CareerVIU with your Student Record username and password. It will take you to a consent page that makes NO mention of Success Coaching, but do not let that fool you. Once you consent to using Orbis to book with me, you will see Success Coaching appointments and workshops in the list of services you can book. Click Success Coaching and then click on appointments and follow directions from there.)
If you elect to start with a workshop, research would strongly suggest you engage in follow-up coaching conversations in order to put the new knowledge and skills learned in the workshop into practice.
“The authors found that while their training intervention with managers increased manager productivity by 22%, adding a one-to-one (8-week) coaching intervention after the training pushed productivity to 88%”
— Olivero, G., Bane, K.D., and Kopelman, R.E.
The learning outcomes that students typically realize through coaching conversations in 1:1 coaching and Student Success Coaching workshops include learning to:
- Set and achieve personal goals
- Enhance self-care, well-being and resilience
- Enhance relationships
- Develop self-regulation of learning
- Form study habits for success in school
- Set priorities to balance school, work and life