Work-Able: A Post-Secondary Internship Program for Graduates with Disabilities
Information on the program: Work-Able - Province of British Columbia
How to apply: Apply for a Work-Able Internship
Kurzweil text to speech available for ALL at VIU!
Did you know Kurzweil text to speech software is available to ALL students and staff at VIU. We now have a site license that you can access on campus, at home or on a device.
Kurzweil on computer
Firefly as App
Kurzweil "How to Videos"
ACCESSIBILITY STATIONS are located on the main floor of the Library. These stations are open to ALL users. You may book these stations to use Kurzweil, Zoom Text, Inspiration or the Merlin HD Camera. Contact the library for more information (VIU > Library > Request > Accessibility Station Booking).
Watch for Assistive Technology Training sessions in Fall 2014. These sessions are open to all VIU community: students and staff.
Did you know...
- Disability Access Services are available at VIU's Nanaimo, Cowichan, and Powell River campuses?
- Thirteen units in the Student Residences at Nanaimo campus are accessible for students with disabilities?
- Over 700 students with a documented disability were registered with Disability Access Services at all VIU campuses last year?
- Mental Health is the largest category of disability for students currently registered with Disability Access Services?
- Your documentation is kept completely confidential and is not attached to your VIU Student Record or provided to your instructors?
- Assistive technology may be purchased or acquired through a loan bank to assist you in class?
- The VIU campus library has accessibility stations with Kurzweil, Inspiration, Zoom Text and a Merlin HD Camera?