If you are registered with Accessibility Services and your learning is affected by your disability, you may be eligible for external government grant funding to pay for tutoring.

An Access Specialist will determine your eligibility and let you know which application forms are needed. Please register with Accessibility Services well in advance of your classes, as the grant applications can take weeks to process. 

Students approved for tutor grant funding are responsible for hiring a tutor, paying them, and then submitting receipts/unused funding back to the funding body.

To assist qualified students with finding a tutor, Accessibility Services has compiled a list. (Please note the tutors are not VIU employees, or affiliated with VIU). Please contact your Access Specialist for this list.

Students (with or without grant funding) can also explore the following options for academic support: