What IS the Writing Centre?
On the fourth floor of the VIU Library (Nanaimo campus), you will find qualified and friendly faculty tutors ready to provide assistance with any aspect of your writing.
Whether you want help with clear writing, thesis statements, citation and documentation, grammar, organizing an argument, or just want to talk about an assignment before you get started, the Writing Centre is the place to go!
This is service is FREE for registered VIU students.
How to access our services:
- Book a 30-minute face-to-face appointment
- Book a 30-minute online appointment (for distance students only)
- Have a quick question? You can DROP IN for a 15-minute tutorial without an appointment (11-1, Monday to Friday)
- We also offer regular WORKSHOPS to assist with a range of writing issues (Fall 2019 schedule forthcoming)
- During Fall and Spring semesters, a weekly drop-in session is also offered at Shq'apthut - A Gathering Place
You can view our weekly schedule and book appointments at vancouver.mywconline.com (or click the blue link below).
The Writing Centre acknowledges and thanks the Snuneymuxw, Quw’utsun and Tla’Amin, on whose traditional lands we teach, learn, research, live and share knowledge.