Peer-Supported Learning (PSL) offers FREE, regularly scheduled, informal study sessions led by a senior student who has been successful in this course. It is a place to get your questions answered, practice using and studying the course content and develop different study strategies. It is open to all students. PSL is meant for everyone and focuses on improving learning, developing study skills and ultimately improving your grades. Studies show that students who attend PSL sessions generally increase their grade by at least one letter grade. Last year 72% of students who attended PSL sessions found it to be helpful in learning the course material.
At its core the PSL program helps students integrate what to learn with how to learn and it has been successfully implemented around the world as an effective study program. Study sessions will be determined by your assigned leader during the first week of classes. We look forward to seeing you at our sessions!
Fall 2019 - PSL Supported Courses
Session schedules will be available online as of September 20.
Click on Course code to view upcoming sessions
- ACCT 100 Sections: F19N01, N02, N03, N04, N05, N06, N07, N08
- ACCT 294 Sections: F19N01, N02, N03
- ECON 100 Sections: F19N01, N02
- BIOL 121 Sections: F19N01, N02, N03, N04, N05, N06, N07, N08, N09
- CHEM 140 Sections: F19N01, N02, N03, N04, N05, N06, N07, N08, N09, N10
- CHEM 231 Sections: F19N01, N02, N03, N04, N05, N06
- PHED 201 Sections: F19N01, N02, N03, N04
- PSYC 111 Sections: F19N04 & F19D01, D02
- Electrician Math