Returning from Academic Suspension

If you wish to return to your program or change to a new academic program after your year on Academic Suspension, you must submit a new application. You can submit an application for admission while you are serving your suspension.

Please refer to your letter from the Registrar’s Office for specific details.

If you plan to return to the same program that you were suspended from, you will be placed on Academic Probation for your year of return.

VIU supports students and wants you to succeed. We recommend these services:

  • Educational Advising: Students who have been suspended are welcome to meet with an Educational Advisor in the Advising Centre at any point. An Educational Advisor can discuss your next steps and options with you. Please contact the office at 250-740-6410 or email:


CLOSE X Advising