Every reasonable effort should be made to deal with student conduct concerns at the instructional and departmental level. The Student Code of Conduct Policy outlines the standards of behaviour expected at Vancouver Island University.
The policy includes, but is not limited to, the following acts:
- Endangering the saftey of any individual
- Violence or threats of violence
- Personal harassment
- Disruption of the learning and work environment
- Theft or Vandalism
- Alcohol and other drug related offences
- Providing false information
- Refusing reasonable requests of authorized employees
- The posting of obscene, libelous and copyright material
- Misuse of the University name
The Procedure outlines the steps an instructor is to take if they feel that academic misconduct has occurred.
If you have any questions about this policy please contact:
Executive Director of Student Affairs
Building 200, Room 223