The Writing (and thinking!) Centre
Qualified and friendly faculty tutors are available to provide assistance with your writing and with your thinking about your writing. This is a free service.
You can make a:
- face-to-face appointment
- students taking online classes may also book etutoring/online appointments
You can also DROP-IN without an appointment at the following times:
- 11.00 – 1.00 Monday to Friday
Fourth floor of the library, room 474
Take the central staircase to the fourth floor (the one with all the books) and turn left.
We offer WORKSHOPS to assist with a range of writing issues.
What We Do
Come for help at any stage of the writing process:
- Brainstorming and choosing a topic
- Developing a thesis
- Supporting and developing ideas
- Organizing your essay
- Revising a rough draft of your essay
- Citing sources and using reference material
- Improving sentence structure
- Understanding punctuation
- Bring your assignment sheet.
- Check with your instructor to become aware of expectations of the assignment.
- Know which citation system your instructor expects (eg. MLA, APA etc.).
- Bring a PRINT-OUT of any writing you wish us to look at.