Two Students walk by the VIU Residence

Tenancy Issues and Advocacy

Common issues with tenancies include:

  • property maintenance
  • loss of quiet enjoyment
  • pest infestations (e.g. cockroaches, bedbugs, mice)
  • rent and deposit disputes
  • roommate conflicts

Tenant Resources and Advocacy Centre (TRAC) offers free advice through their Tenant Infoline: 1.800.665.1185.

VIU Off-Campus Housing can also offer advice and communicate with a landlord or roommate (advocate) if appropriate.

In some cases, you may need to contact the BC Residential Tenancy Branch. We can also help you get in touch with them if required.

Contact Us

Please email or come to the Off-Campus Housing Drop-In for advice and more information.