Counselling Services provides a number of Health & Wellness groups & workshops throughout the school year. See below.
MBCT-based program prescribed for stress, anxiety, depression, etc.Combining effective cognitive therapy principles with meditative practices, based on the cultivation of mindfulness.
- Eight week program
- Tuesday afternoons from 12:00 – 1:30
- Begins October 8, 2019
Please inquire at Health and Wellness front desk to book 30 minute intake appointment, or, phone 250 740-6416
M.B.S.R. is an 8 week group teaching meditation, body scans and light yoga to manage stress better and build resilience for both academic and life functioning.
- Thursdays, October 10 - Dec 5, 12 - 1:30
- Mindfulness strengthens attention, emotional regulation, adaptability, calmness and compassion
- See hyperlink above for more details
- Do you feel overwhelmed by anxiety or depression?
- Have you been struggling to cope with major life transitions or difficult situations?
- Are you interested in learning practical skills to help you cope better, overcome challenges and make positive changes in your life?
- If you answered yes to the above questions, this group is for you. Click on the above link for more information
Experience a male community where we support men to be who they want to be. An 8 week journey where you can talk and learn more about your experience as a male. Fridays, 10:30 - 12.
Are you thinking of dipping your toe into the dating pool? Or maybe you are already swimming in the deep end? There is no manual for how to find, build and maintain healthy and respectful relationships. Let’s learn together!
When: Thursdays, beginning October 5th, 12 - 1
Where: to be announced
What: 16 drop-in groups, information and discussion
This is a program to help find ways to encourage and create relationship skills, and ways we can build relationships and community here at VIU.
Presented by: Student Affairs, Counselling Department
Workshops at Shq'athut
Thursdays 12:15-12:45, Sept 26, Oct 24, Nov 21, Dec 12, 2019
Facilitated by Noelle Hanuse, Counsellor at VIU, Wuikinuxv & Klahoose Nations
Honouring the Spirit With Peace: Energy Care
Mondays 3:00-4:00, Sept. 23, Oct. 21, Nov. 18, 2019
Facilitated by Noelle Hanuse, Counsellor, Wuikinuxv and Klahoose Nations