Counselling Services provides a number of Health & Wellness groups & workshops throughout the school year. See below.
MBCT-based program prescribed for stress, anxiety, depression, etc.Combining effective cognitive therapy principles with meditative practices, based on the cultivation of mindfulness.
- Eight week program
- Tuesday afternoons from 12:00 – 1:30
- Begins October 8, 2019
Please inquire at Health and Wellness front desk to book 30 minute intake appointment, or, phone 250 740-6416
- Thursdays, October 10 - Dec 5, 12 - 1:30
- A very useful program that will reduce your stress if you apply it
- See hyperlink above for more details
- Do you feel overwhelmed by anxiety or depression?
- Have you been struggling to cope with major life transitions or difficult situations?
- Are you interested in learning practical skills to help you cope better, overcome challenges and make positive changes in your life?
- If you answered yes to the above questions, this group is for you. Click on the above link for more information
Experience a male community where we support men to be who they want to be. An 8 week journey where you can talk and learn more about your experience as a male. Fridays, 10:30 - 12.
- This is a program under development to help find ways to encourage and create relationship skills, and ways we can build relationships and community here at VIU. Keep posted as we develop this
Presented by: Student Affairs, Counselling Department