Welcome To VIU Assessment Services
For exam bookings at the Cowichan or Powell River Campuses, please email the Assessment Departments below directly.
*Please be aware that exam fees are currently being assessed and are scheduled to increase in Fall 2019.
Building 200, Room 218
900 - 5th Street
Nanaimo, BC, V9R 5S5
Toll free 1-888-920-2221
2011 University Way
Duncan BC V9L 0C7
100 - 7085 Nootka Street
Powell River BC V8A 3C6
- VIU’s Assessment Services supports student success and commits to best practice standards for assessments.
- We bring this vision into reality by providing a technologically advanced, secure, and welcoming testing environment that supports test taker success and opens pathways to academic and career opportunities.
- Assessment Services values high standards of customer service, exam security, collaborative relationships, and revenue generation and data collection that positively impacts student success.
- The stakes of all of the exams we administer are significant, including midterm and final subject exams, graduate or professional school admissions tests, professional certification and licensure tests, and job selection tests.
- We ensure the standards surrounding exam security and administration are fairly and consistently upheld.
- The various foundation skills assessments results we generate and interpret are a reliable method to support placing a student in a program or course to ensure they are likely to meet with success.
Vancouver Island University Assessment Services was the first testing centre in Canada to be certified by the National College Testing Association (NCTA) - Full story.
We subscribe to the Professional Standards and Guidelines for Post-Secondary Test Centres.